Sunday, February 24, 2008

The 18-19 week ultrasound

I went for the 18-19 week ultrasound today, thank God everything seems to be normal at this stage! I also found out that we are expecting a GIRL! I didn't buy the DVD of the ultrasound scan but I did get a lovely free Bounty bag (show bag), it's full of samples and magazines (I can't resist baby sized baby samples).
Afterwards, Will's mum and I had some yummy yum cha, visited Target and Toys R Us before making a pitt stop at Roy Young Chemist.
All the baby clothes I saw today looked like summer clothing, is there such a thing as winter clothing for babies (seeing as the baby is due in July)?
Now it's time for some serious shopping!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome news dan!!!!!!!!!!

as a frequent dresser-undresser-nappy-changer of babies, i can recommend the following:
-get stuff that will be too big cos they'll grow out of it very quickly!
-the stuff that looks "nice" is often also the hardest to change, so keep these for special occasions, photos, etc, and get "everyday" stuff for the frequent vomits, nappychanges, and other bodily functions that your baby will produce, sometimes on a minutely basis. she will LEAK from every ORIFICE, even ones you didn't think could leak!! so you need stuff that's hardy, cos it'll get washed a lot and will get stained with all kinds of colours!!!
-winter vs summer: all babies need to be kept warm anyways, so she'll need a singlet, bonnet, and a suit. i suggest suits that are EASY to open, so that you can change quickly! too many buttons/tie-laces = a BIG hassle!!
-suits that open on the FRONT are heaps easier than ones with zig-zag buttons to the side and back!
-don't get white, cos it won't last long!!!!

BOGAN NAMES. having perused a wide variety of babies from the north shore to the gong, please DON"T add to the tasteless enigma which is popular bogan names:
e.g. tyler-rose, taliah, shanina, shaaaaaaaaliah, shaaaaaanah, tayla, sophie delizio....
sometimes i could strangle the strange women who boganise their kids with such silly titles...

some popular "classy" names for your lass include,
-ella
-francesca
-martha argerich
-esther
-jane fonda
-princess margarethe

just some thoughts!
Alan

Anonymous said...

yay.. it's a girl! that's wonderful Will & Dan. i wonder if she'll be like Will or Dan?! I love shopping for baby stuff and since we live close to each other, let me know if you want someone to go shopping with you! i can carry things for u as well as your tummy gets bigger & bigger & bigger. i'll eat what you can't in your dish but i still get to eat what you can in my dish, ok? hehehe... looking forward to seeing your baby grow in your tummy!! Elaine Lee

Anonymous said...

some more bogan names NOT to use for Dan and Will...

Schappelle Corby
Nevaeh (heaven backwards!)
Shazza
Bazza
Lazza
Dazza
DeAntoine
Lafwonda (from napoleon dynamite!!!)
Isabeau (gan!)
Tahliahana

alan