Saturday, May 10, 2008

My first antenatal class

I went to my first antenatal class on Thursday, it went on for 3 hours at the Mater hospital and I think I was the youngest person there and I'm not a spring chicken. There were a lot of yummy mummies as the educator calls them... she says that yummy mummies come from Mosman. I think I looked like a single mum cos Will couldn't make it, he had to work... maybe my fellow pregnant ladies will see me as a slighly older Asian version of Juno or Jamie Lynn Spears.

3 hours of education--> baby positions, when to come to hospital, what my uterus is doing etc etc I won't go into too much detail unless requested. The best bit was the supper, yummy tuna or salmon sandwiches, the reminded me of the sandwiches I used to have when I was a kid, I think they mix tomato sauce and a little mayo together and add it to the tuna or salmon, it was delish. I also had some cheese and crackers! YUM! The guy next to me ate about 50 crackers, no joke.. I think he was really bored, he kept cracking his fingers and his toes and snorting up his snot and swallowing.. so gross.

The educator also reminded us that lots of babies are born in toilets like the one recently born at RNSH, I suppose this is to remind us not to sue them or appear on shows like Today Tonight if our babies are born on the dunny. She added that if we were really worried about babies being born on the dunny we can place a towel over the seat to catch if they just happen to pop out.

Next week is support person lesson, so glad Will can make it!

I have a Chinese name, not many people like it but I do cos it has meaning and plus I like the lady who holds the name so it's very dear to me.

Still no middle name though....... I was thinking about Beatrice or Beatrix, I really like Beatrix!

No comments: