Friday, May 30, 2008

The Countdown

I can't believe I only have about 5-7 weeks left before we have a baby!!! I have only one antenatal class left and sadly Will won't be joining me :(

It will be about nappy changing, SIDS and sleeping, baby wrapping and what to do with the baby during the first 6 weeks. I like the Mater, I haven't had the baby yet so I will report back once I give birth but so far I really like the place. Our midwife educator, Sue, is really nice, she tends to repeat herself often. Plus the sandwiches they put out for supper are really nice.

Last week we saw a baby boy, he was only 30 mins old! So small and cute, his dad proudly showing him off. We also saw another little baby, she was 3 days old and so small and red! They look so fragile and break-able, hopefully Will and I don't ever drop the baby.

Will and a few friends are going to be setting up the nursery on 14 June which is exciting, at the moment everything is just sitting on the floor in their bags in the spare room.

I've only made a few small purchases since my last post, a new set of Ikea drawers and some face washers to wipe poo poo off the baby's bum. Today I need to get some Cetaphil as the Mater midwives don't recommend Johnsons and Johnsons or any other baby brands. This is great because I use Cetaphil myself and Sorbelene cream, so does Will. We will be a sharing family.

I have to see Dr Tan every week soon!!! It seriously feels like yesterday that I was about 10 weeks.. now I am reaching the 33 week mark.

I haven't had any swollen legs but I do have fat calves and I am feeling a strain on my back.... but I have a really nice lavender smelling hot pack so everything is fine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! u got the ikea draws u wanted :)
Dawen

danapple said...

Yeah the drawers are a good size too cos the nursery isn't that big.. I will take pics once Will makes the drawers hehehe. They are so light, only 28 kgs!!